JUNIPER CRECHE SCHOOL POLICIES/RULES
Juniper crèche is a well-child care facility. At no time do we provide ‘’sick –child’ care. Please remember that if you bring your sick child we will have to call you to come back and get them as other children may get sick. That will mean that we will have to take a day off with pay to take our children to the doctors. We may be caring for newborns anytime and it is not fair to their parents for them to get ill on account of infections from other children for the health, wellbeing and safety of all concerned. Please see the following.( The following policies are as per state regulations).
- Should you observe any signs of illness (cough, cold, fever, rashes etc) in your child we request that you keep her/him at home until the exact nature of the illness is ascertained. This determination will involve the submission of a medical report from the child’s physician before the child will be accepted back into Juniper crèche.
- Under no circumstances may a parent bring a sick child to Juniper crèche, if the child shows any sign of illness(see SYMPTOMS REQUIRING REMOVAL OF A CHILD FROM DAYCARE) or is unable to participate in the normal routine then they are not to attend day care. Sick children expose their illness to other children, as well as our families and require additional care and attention that we are unable to give. Sick children want care from their parents in the comfort of their own homes. If other children become ill due to exposure of your sick child, either because he/she was returned to daycare before full recovery or because he/she was not picked promptly upon notice of becoming ill, other parents will become unnecessarily inconvenienced. If our families become ill due to sick day care child, alternate care may be needed till we are better. As this is disruptive, to other children and their families, your co-operation on this issue is extremely important. Every effort is taken to reduce the spread of illness by encouraging hand washing and other sanitary practices. If your child is unable to participate in the normal activities of the day, then your child MUST stay at home. Children will be visually screened when they arrive in the morning. In the event a child becomes ill and has to be picked up and the parent cannot be reached, the emergency contact person would be called and asked to come and pick the child up.
For the benefit of us, our families, and other children in our care a sick child will not be permitted to return to care for 24 hours after condition has returned to normal. The child may return 24-48 hours, depending upon the illness, after they have not taken the first dose of an antibiotic. If you are not sure about whether or not to bring your child to care, please call us to discuss it.
As you may be aware most childhood infections (especially viral infections) are often at the contagious stage before any physical evidence of such an infection actually shows up. While we ensure that your child is not unduly exposed, sometimes these circumstances are completely beyond our control. Rest assured that as soon as we notice any suspicious illness, we will take immediate steps to prevent an exposure to your precious one and any other child at the juniper crèche. This is why we insist on a medical report from a child who has been away on account of illness before he/she can be re-admitted into the school. Please note that we have zero tolerance policy on this and we will NOT readmit any child without a medical report indicating that the child is fit to return to school.
Food and grooming policy
- Please ensure your child’s food; formula and cereal are freshly prepared when bringing your child to Juniper crèche each day. We only add water. We do not prepare food from scratch here. As such, preparations that require heat to cook such as cooked porridge oats, custard etc cannot be prepared.
- Ensure that all feeding utensils are adequately sterilized at home prior to bringing them to school because the school will not sterilize utensils for parents.
- We encourage exclusive breastfeeding of our babies, to this end breastfeeding mothers are welcome- however, you are expected to leave immediately after breast feeding your child. In order not to disrupt the activities of the school.
- Please ensure you drop off your child with all the food he/she requires for safety and security reasons. We will not accept food items brought during the course of the day by any other persons other than the child’s parent or any other pre-approved adult. We expect a text, call or email be sent ahead in the event of this happening. We expect that food brought in for children in the infant community will be nutritious and filling. Please note that sugary fizzy drinks, chocolates& biscuits are not allowed except crackers or malt milk biscuits. If a child is accustomed to this, he/she may be given at home.
- Also please ensure that food or drugs are kept in appropriate leak proof containers that are microwavable if necessary.
- Please bring all supplies your child may require for the week if possible and have it properly labeled for easy identification. Please report immediately if any items go missing.
- Children are given bath only when absolutely necessary to control a fever and secure temperature or after a bowel movement of loose consistency which causes a stain on the apparel of a child.
- Please ensure your child is dropped off, neat, clean tidy and well groomed in smart, clean comfortable clothing. Kindly note that only small loops, or studs are allowed for earring which cannot be yanked off. Please ensure nails are well trimmed and clean.
- We also expect that girls will have their plaits nearly done without extensions. No expensive jewelry or ornaments such as necklaces, bangles, and bracelets will be allowed in the school as we will not be held responsible for the loss of these items.
School fees, Enrolment, withdrawal.
- For the Nido Floor
Fees are payable quarterly- for example, if a child starts January 5 the next quarter fees will be due 5th April. The children on the Nido floor are from 6 months old to 24 months.
The children in the Infant community
24 – Months -36 months September –December- Payment would be expected from august
January – April- Payment will be expected from December
April/May- July- Payment would be expected from April
- Payment of school fees should be made in advance of your child’s resumption to school. We request that the payment of the next term fees be made before the before the exhaustion of the last one. Upon resumption the children should present their teller to the school relations officer their tellers/bank transfer tellers.
- School fees cannot /will not be prorated. School fees are non- refundable. Our staff members are paid on a full time basis so we will not be able to prorate our fees. You may decide to withdraw your child and re-enroll after the holidays. Should this be your preference please note that you will be required to pay N10,000 application form and N30,000 registration fee. All over again. Please note that the acceptance of the child will not be automatic and it is based on the availability of space.
- If you plan to be away for a long period of time (above a month – 4 weeks) kindly notify the school in advance. You will be required to make a 50% payment fees for the next term to secure your child’s space. Please note that when you enroll your child, payment of fees is into our account in cash flow, and commitments will be made with us for at least a full year. If this is NOT your plan please let us know at the time of enrolment so that we a can have a clear understanding from the onset.
The school bill will always be provided for you in which the details of all the fees due are indicated. We expect that that at the time of payment the amount on the bill will be paid in full. Should you have any issues with it please sort it out before making payments. Parents are not allowed to pick items on the bill they want to pay and then leave other items unpaid. Official receipts will only be issued for full payment of fees as indicated on the school bill.
Please be reminded that school fees payment is non-refundable, even when parent decide to take an early vacation or withdraw their child for other reasons. Also note that at least one day attendance in a term requires full payment of the termly fees.
Juniper Crèche reserves the right to request that a child be withdrawn due to misconduct o disciplinary issues without any refund of fees and levies paid. The school also reserves the right to request that a child be withdrawn if a parent persistently violates school policy and exhibits obvious unwillingness to abide by the requirements of the school as indicated in this school policy.
School Fees Discount.
The following is the discount on school fees that parents are entitled to.
Payment of school fees one year in advance- 5% on tuition fees only.
- When school fees have been paid one year in advance, the parent would be expected to pay the difference in fees should the school; decide to renew the fees within the year.
- Sibling Discount is 5% discount on tuition fees alone this will be applied for each additional sibling enrolled in the school.
Please note that no other discount will be given on school fees if a child will not be completing the entire term. Please refer to the policy on school fees for more details. In addition, our fees cannot be committed to a daily rate. Fees are based on termly basis at the very minimum.
We have a strict no toy policy. We would prefer that children leave all their toys, comforters and blankets at home. We won’t be responsible for the loss/breakage of any toys brought to the school. Please support this.
If you wish to mark your child’s birthday, please bring in a cake, drinks and party packs if you so desire. Please note that the usual time for celebration is between 11.30 -12noon. We will not be able to accommodate celebrations that are outside of this time. Please provide a camera to capture all the precious moments. This should be handled by the class teacher.
We reinforce good positive behaviour and reprimand /caution children verbally. We do not subscribe to corporal punishment in any form in our facility. We believe in positive affirmations for all the children and the power of prophesy and speech. Discipline is positive and consistent. This means we set clear limits and boundaries to enable the children feel secure and know what is expected of them. Children learn what is right rather than be punished for what is wrong. Aggressive behaviors such as kicking, punching, and hitting other children or staff will not be tolerated or accepted. Unacceptable behaviour including biting and spitting are dealt with immediately.
Little children often do not have will vocabulary to articulate all the school activities they have been involved in usually the child may say ‘’ I did not do ‘’anything’’ or just “nothing’. Please do not be alarmed. Children learn a great deal and this starts to show in their confidence, speech articulations diction etc., in due time it will show.